Eric Teicholz Sustainability Scholarship
Through the generosity of IFMA Fellow Eric Teicholz and sponsors, the IFMA Foundation is offering scholarship opportunities to individuals interested in earning their Sustainability Facility Professional® (SFP) since 2019.
Sustainability Facility Professional® (SFP)
IFMA’s SFP is an assessment-based certificate program delivering a specialty credential in sustainability. By earning the SFP credential, you will:
- Earn recognition and credibility for your expertise in sustainable FM practices
- Influence your organization’s economic, environmental and social bottom lines.
- Maximize efficiencies and streamline operations to boost your triple bottom line: people, planet and profit.
- Learn to use knowledge-based, data-driven methods to drive decisions and develop valuable solutions.
- Sustainability + Technology
- Sustainability + Supply Chain + Technology
Applicants interested in sustainability with a one or more of the additional focuses are encouraged to complete the application and submit.
- Professionals currently in facility management or related field with a demonstrated interest in sustainability
- Young professional members of IFMA Chapters and IFMA Councils are encouraged to apply
- Applications are due by 5:00 pm CST, Friday, July 15, 2022.
- Announcement of winners will be Thursday, September 1, 2022
- A committee of FM professionals will evaluate each application and score according to evaluation guidelines.
- Scores will be totaled, and the top applicants will be awarded the SFP scholarship
- Diversity, financial need, impact of SFP on applicant/community are part of selection process
- Scholarship award will cover SFP Credential fees
2021 Award Winners
ERIC TEICHOLZ, IFMA FELLOW
Eric Teicholz is president and founder of Graphic Systems, Inc., a firm specializing in facility management and real estate automation consulting.
- Fellow of the International Facility Management Association
- Ex-officio chair of IFMAs Strategic Advisory Group, Sustainability Task Force and Sustainability Committee
- Member of IFMA’s ESUS sustainability community,
- IFMA Foundation’s Board of Trustees
- IFMA’s Global Board of Directors
- Board on Infrastructure and the Constructed Environment (BICE) for the Federal Facilities Council at the National Academy of Sciences
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Integrated FM and Advanced Energy Projects Committees
Teicholz graduated with a Master of Architecture degree from the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University where he later became an Associate Professor and the Associate Director of the university’s largest R+D facility, the Laboratory for Computer Graphics and Spatial Analysis. He also is the author/editor of 17 books related to FM, CAFM/IWMS and GIS technology. Teicholz was awarded the Navy’s Superior Public Service Award by the Secretary of the Navy under President George W. Bush for his participation on a blue-ribbon FM panel defining the future strategy for naval shore facilities.