Eligibility and Application
The IFMA Foundation scholarship program has awarded more than $1.4 million dollars to more than 554 students since the program started in the early 1990’s. Scholarship recipients receive a cash award and fully subsidized World Workplace conference travel, registration and participation.
The individual scholarships range in value from $1,500 to $10,000 and are awarded to undergraduate (2- year and 4-year) and graduate students enrolled in facility management or FM related (built environment) programs.
These scholarships change lives and are a principal strategy in creating the next generation of FM professionals. The Global Workforce Initiative explores the expansion of scholarship opportunities to high school seniors, associate degree students, and veterans.
Who is eligible to apply for 2020 IFMA Foundation Scholarship:
- Must be enrolled at an accredited institution for a Facility Management or related field. “Degree” (Associate, Bachelor, and Graduate) is determined by your institution at the time of application submission
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 in FM or related courses. For international students, equivalent documentation of academic achievement level equivalent to a 4.0 GPA. Click International Grade Equivalencies as a basis to determine eligibility.
- Applicants awarded a scholarship are required to attend IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Exhibition in Chicago, IL. – September 30th to October 2nd and participate in the IFMA Foundation activities.
- Working students are encouraged to apply.
Why download the helpful hints document:
- Offers insight to completing the form
- Answers many common questions eligible applicants have
Interested in attending a helpful tips webinar? Click the blue link to learn webinar dates, and times, and to register.